Friday, September 17, 2010

Honour and Glory...

Everything must have a beginning and everything that has a beginning must and will have an end. Sometimes things are conceived but not begun and at other times things have begun, things that were not even within the scope of the wildest dreams of the person who began it. Things so beautiful that it sometimes makes us look up in the sky and wonder. Wonder whether there really is a God.

I am a staunch believer that cinema is one of those things. Cinema is a medium that, for a period of 120 minutes or more, lets us be whoever we want to be. And there's a saying that goes "Music has no language". This holds for movies too. In fact, the only things that are bound by constraints such as languages are human beings and thus, due to my inabilities, I am forced to concentrate mainly on English and Tamil movies in my posts. But there will be an odd post about other language movies here and there.

What will these posts be about? I do not have exact words to describe my content. I will not impose yet another constraint called 'review' and stem my thought flow. At the same time, I will make sure that I limit my monologue so that I do not bore you.

Movies according to me are of three kinds. Yes! Just 3 kinds. Must-watch; Watchable; Don't-watch. All other classifications, I believe, have evolved when people get too carried away trying to describe a movie. In fact, these other classifications, in actuality, are those that determine which of these 3 classifications a film falls into.

I will not post only about new movies. It could be any movie, released in any era and I could have watched it ages ago. I will honestly put down what I think about; whether it deserved the fate it met with.

Another important thing you are supposed to take note of is that I am bound by my own opinions and I will be biased. For example, even if Vijay gets an Oscar (which is very raised to infinity unlikely), I will still continue to hate him.

I hope I have done justice to the name paithiyam and made you bang your head on the table. This is just the beginning! Chumma...trailer...idhuvae ippadinaa appo Main Picture? hahaha!


Signing off...I will try to post about one movie a day! And my profile picture and this blog in itself is a tribute to Sivaji Ganesan and my Tamil Cinema. Vaazhtha Vayadhillai...Vanangugiraen...Honour and Glory!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment